[DeTomaso] Pandora question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Nov 26 00:49:07 EST 2010

I recently decided to skip the timing light altogether and use a vacuum
gauge instead, when timing my Pantera.  I replaced the dual points,
gapped them as close as I could get without a dwell meter, then hooked
up a vacuum gauge and started her up.  I let it warm to operating
temperature then timed it for peak vacuum, then backed off  one point on
the gauge.  I also adjusted the carb this way, searching for peak
vacuum.  I moved back and forth between carb adjust and timing until I
got it where I wanted it.  Now she purrs like a kitten and roars like a
Panther.
:)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired