[DeTomaso] Pandora question

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 00:29:01 EST 2010

The car will not run great at 38 deg initial.  It most likely would not
crank at all.

If it runs great at 38 initial, you aren't really at 38 initial.

Maybe the timing marks are off.

You said you clamped the vacuum hose. Don't clamp it.  Remove it.  The
vacuum line should be ported anyway, so at idle it shouldn't have any
vacuum.  With vacuum, you will easily see 38 total (initial+vacuum).

The position of the rotor does not matter.  The timing light is showing when
the #1 plug fires in relation to the position of the balancer.  If you
rotate the distributor or move wires, it will change the timing, but once
you rotate it back, you'll be back at 38 initial - where it runs great.

Maybe the timing light isn't hooked up properly.