[DeTomaso] starter

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:49:13 EST 2010

I called DB Electrical after the "made in China" comment to find out if they
were in fact "made in China" . The gentleman I spoke to confirmed that the
starters are in fact made in China. I have had mine installed for almost two
years and have not had any problems, a fact that I have already stated in an
earlier post. The speed that this starter turns my engine over is
remarkable. DB Electrical warranties the starter for a year and at a cost of
$39.00 if it only lasted a year I wouldn't have felt cheated. DB Electrical
honors their warranty with no problems or hassle's. As I stated in my
earlier post I didn't follow DB's installation instructions (wiring) I
followed the instructions in the Ford service manual. When the hot start
problem I was trying to resolve was still  present I thought that the
starter was defective. I called DB and told them I had a defective starter,
They sent me a new starter before I had even returned the original starter.
This time I followed the instructions that DB electrical provided and the
hot start problem was fixed and I have  not had any problems with it since.
In spite of this starters being manufactured in China I have to say that it
appeared to be very well made and my experience with using it is consistent
with that opinion.
Boyd