[DeTomaso] For Sale: 1973 Pantera in Northern CA, many modifications

Michael A. Fagan mafagan at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 14:03:43 EST 2010

Well, sadly, the time has come to sell my Pantera.  With 3 little girls now and a busy job, the car is just sitting and gathering dust now.  Here is a partial description of my car and its enhancements, please feel free to contact me for more details and pictures:

Exterior:  Red.  Custom-made front bumper.  Side quarter-windows and
rear window are lexan.  Side mirrors are mounted on lexan
quarter-windows.  Front big fiberglass air dam with ducts (brand new and
 not installed).

Interior:  Black.  Sparco race seats with removable bolsters.  4-point
race seat belts for each seat.  Custom rollbar designed and made by
Mirage Performance.  On-board halon extinguisher system (1 jet in
passenger compartment, 2 jets in engine bay).  Extra gauges in a
custom-designed center console extension:  oil, temp, oil pressure,
water temp, fuel pressures.  Dual MSDs, alarm system with pager,
upgrades fuses boxes, relays.  Momo Competition steering wheel with
removable hub system.  Modified center hump (engine cover) to allow not
only increased footroom for passenger, but quick access entry to front
of engine.  Concord AM/FM/cassette stereo with automatic up/down antenna
 in front fender.  Heavy-duty headlight switch.  No A/C (was removed to
make room for big oil cooler), but I do still have the stock compressor.
  Red key toggle switch for complete power kill.

Engine:  Large oil cooler and fan (remote on/off switch in center
console).  Large Accusump (remote on/off switch in center console)
mounted above ZF transmission. Holley double-pumper 650 carburetor,
translucent lift plate.  Holley Intake manifold custom-modified to look
stock.  Dual fuel pumps (remote on/off switch in center console,
left/right switch near seat).  Hall 180 headers (GT40-style), dumping
out to dual 4-inch exhaust pipes with minimal glasspack silencers.
Engine bay has been cleaned and re-sprayed black.  Rear suspension
cross-brace.  Aviation-style fuel tank cap.  Optima red-top battery has
been relocated to front lower engine bay, custom-made platform.
Schumacher battery tender (not on-board) with quick-connect plug.
McLeod clutch plate, lightened flywheel (revs faster).  Bolt-on straight
 pipes included.

Transmission:  5-speed ZF transmission.  Safety-wired internals.

Suspension:  Stock shocks and springs.  All suspension components magnaflux tested for cracks, etc.

Brakes:  Stock with ceramic pads.  All stainless-steel brake lines with correct tapers on ends.

Cooling:  Newly re-cored radiator (2010), modified temp senders (2010), aluminum front-rear pipes.

Wheels/Tires:  Wilkinson 17” billet aluminum wheels with Toyo R-compound
 (soft/sticky) tires.  9-inch wide fronts with size 225/40ZR17 tires,
and 11-inch wide rears with size 275/35ZR17 tires.  Also have a set of
15” Gotti-style alloy wheels (had R-compound tires on them, fronts were
225/50ZR15 and rears were 265/50ZR15).

Mileage:  98,xxx

Extra Parts:  Extensive list including stock wheels and original Arriva
tires, stock front black bumper, stock rear bumper and bumperettes too,
stock seats, stock quarter-window glass, boxes of other parts.  2 sets
of headers, 1 set of refurbished (and unused) stock Ansa exhausts and
tips.  Pretty much every stock part necessary to make it 100% original
again.

Feel free to ask Mike Drew about this car, as he has seen it and ridden in it with the previous owner.  I have changed a few things since that time (mainly cosmetic) and I have a few more spares/stock parts, but otherwise it's the same.  Chuck Melton has also seen it and taken a few pictures of it, too.  Maybe I can break free and drive it down to a Sunnyvale monthly meeting, too.

Price:  $52K and open to offers.

Thanks,
Michael Fagan
Los Altos Hills, CA