[DeTomaso] replace cooling hoses

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 12:31:30 EST 2010

I concur John, but not only because of the higher quality of today's hoses.
IMHO, coolant hoses only age according to how long they are at normal
operating temperature of an engine (~200F).  Notice that you don't see
people worried about installing a hose that's been sitting on a store shelf
for many years.  My own rule of thumb is 10 years or 30,000 miles whichever
comes first (very few of us drive our Panteras more than 3000 miles per
year).  The only hoses I change more often are the heater core and
temperature control valve hoses inside the console.  Having one of these
burst while on the road can easily kill you (I replace these every 5 years).

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505