[DeTomaso] dark or light blue 351C?

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 23:39:39 EST 2010

Definitely dark blue.  According to my local Mustang Club of America
national judge, all 351C's in Mustangs were Ford corporate dark blue.  When
I got my 73L Pantera in 1979 it still had the stock engine in it and its
valve covers were painted black so I don't know if a previous owner had
painted them or if DeTomaso may have changed Ford's engine paint scheme.

Here are brands that are supposedly the Ford dark blue:
VHT/SP125 (way darker than the actual Ford color but I really like it on my
current Pantera engine)
Krylon/1923 (works well and is close to the correct Ford color)
Rust-oleum/248959 (haven't tried it)
Dupli-Color/DE-1606 (farther from the correct color than Krylon and horrible
engine paint!)

Doug Braun
blue (even the engine is blue) 73L #5505