[DeTomaso] Subject: Re: Pseudo-introducing a lurker...

ASzafranko at njtransit.com ASzafranko at njtransit.com
Thu Nov 18 11:46:59 EST 2010

To everyone,

I receive the DeTomaso Forum e-mail in a text "batch file" once a day.  I've never posted before and I am bewildered as to how to respond to a specific subject/thread.  If I screwed-up, please pardon my lack of unawareness.

Anyway, since my cover is blown, let me introduce myself and make my intensions known.  My name is Tony and I'm located in New Jersey.  The first pantera that I ever saw was around 1972 or '03; and that's when I decided that eventually I would own one.  Almost 40 years later I think the time has come.

In reading the postings, let me say that I am very impressed with the depth of knowledge and the free and open sharing of information among members.  It seems more like a closely knit family circle, rather than a forum of distant members who most likely have never met each other face-to-face.

As Chuck stated earlier, I am planning on starting to seriously look on purchasing a pantera this coming spring.  I haven't settled on a particular model yet, only that my preference is for a 'stock' car (with no rust issues and a reliable engine,) but updated for all of the mechanical shortcomings... in other words a driver.  I'd like to use it as my primary car, except during the winter months.  Thus far, I haven't seen many panteras, but they look fabulous in yellow, orange, silver or white color.  I hope to get a better perspective of my taste by attending some club gatherings, specifically the Pocono event in May.  The more exposure and insight that I have to the car, the better understanding I can develop.

I've never done any mechanical work on my own cars, but I'm hoping to learn and would be delighted and grateful to find someone in the vicinity who wouldn't mind on tutoring.

In the mean time, I am trying to learn as much as I can.  I know that there is a club that I could join, Jersey Panteras, when I'm ready to get involved and step up to the plate.  I enjoy reading back issues of both the POCA Profiles magazine and monthly Newsletters because it discloses in great detail the various modifications owners have made and the thinking behind them.  I am not yet a member of any club or organization, so if you will be selling your car in the near future or know of someone who will be, please keep me in mind.  I may be persuaded to purchase sooner rather than later, but I know that I have so much more to learn and experience before I can make a purchase decision.

Anthony Szafranko
Phone: (973) 491-7709
Fax: (973) 461-4694
E-mail: aszafranko at njtransit.com