[DeTomaso] Cleveland Shortblock and Bare Blocks still available.Spring cleaning!

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:56:04 EST 2010

Steve,

I appreciate your efforts to build up our collective inventory of 351Cs for the DeTomaso
circle.

(Long ago I bought a spare from Steve, myself).

Also,
I was told of a complete 351C (maybe 2V) at Pick-n-Pull (Oakland road location)
It was in a Torino AT I believe, just pasted the entrance, one isle down, on the left.
All this 2nd hand mind you, but in case you want to go look... It was there about 7-10
days ago.

Chuck

Looking for a new 351C block to build up over the cold winter??????  Or just a
spare?

Hot deals on a beautiful warm day here.  Surely not to last much longer....the
warm days thing....

D2AE-CA +.030" over 4-bolt main short block, forged TRW L2416 pistons with a
small dish in them, -.010" on the rods, haven't checked the mains but presuming
same thus far.  Has been run and I see some slight scoring at the bottom of the
stroke on the inner cylinders 2,3,6,7. Rod bearing lower cap looked nice, but
then they always do!

Popped pistons 3 & 4 and checked for taper.  Found .001 or less over the length
of the bores, so it has great promise for a honing and new rings/pistons to
needs.... there is life left in it!

Tops of rod bearings were just beginning to show copper, so are not in hammered
shape! Crank surfaces looked good!

Looks like it has been balanced as rod ends have sanding/grinding contours on
them.   No harmonic balancer, it is toast, worst slipped outer ring I have seen
in a long time!  Was in front of a C6 trans.

$275. Located in Santa Clara CA.

Also,

2 bare standard bore blocks, both two-bolt mains but have provisions to make
them proper 4-bolt mains if you have caps already.  Stock cranks also available.
1971 vintage.  $200 each

Ciao!
Steve