[DeTomaso] More (and better) scans of Tjaarda Bugatti proposal

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:07:39 EST 2010

I agree, I think it looks a lot like the Veyron but the answer is no. Wiki
says:

the Veyron's chief designer was Hartmut Warkuss, and the exterior was
designed by Jozef Kabaň of Volkswagen, with much of the engineering work
being conducted under the guidance of former Peterbilt engineer and now
Bugatti Engineering chief Wolfgang Schreiber.

Interesting that the chief engineer used to build trucks! I'm guessing that
the similarity comes from trying to use the horseshoe element of the
original Bugattis, which only gives so many variations?

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>

  _____