[DeTomaso] SPAM to Chuck Melton

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 16:13:02 EST 2010

 Julian wrote:
I'm no lawyer and I'm sure someone can correct me here, but when youpost photos into the public domain then they kinda become public.
To retain ownership and reinforce that you might want to add "all rights reserved" on them or in the caption on the POCA forum
(or wherever you post them) thereby asserting your copyright.
-----------------------------
Julian,

What I post to my POCA photo albums is gladly offered there for everyone's use and viewing.
I have no expectation of sole ownership, or sole use, of my photos or information once I place them there.
I like sharing my Pantera knowledge with no strings attached. Most Pantera owners, and vendors, feel this way.

There are three large-scale privately-run Pantera Websites:

PanteraPlace - Mike Dailey
BanzaiRunnerPantera - Garth Rodericks
Provamo - Chuck Melton

Of those three, Chuck is the only webmaster who requires registration, AND posts Terms and Conditions.

Since Chuck is quite vocal in protecting his material, I thought he would surely be agreeable to treating others in the same manner.

The photos that Chuck used were obviously obtained from my POCA photo album. I have those lights on a shelf in my garage as I write.

So I asked that he credit those photos to me.

Apparently that simple request was too much to ask of Chuck.

He says he has removed my photos - rather than give credit where credit is due.

I'm not surprised.

Larry