[DeTomaso] roll-over valves

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 15:00:47 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/12/10 5:08:49 PM, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> Did a stock 71 have a rollover valve, given the original filler location
> and everything, I would be surprised .

None of the narrow body cars had roll-over valves; the '80s wide-body cars
had the first. It can be adapted to earlier cars but the last time I priced
the rquired parts, it was way up there. When Hall started selling his $40
Ford roll-over valve adaption 20 years ago, lots of savvy owners promptly
added one (I did). It replaces the rivited-on air vent on stock Pantera tanks of
any year and IMHO is a worthy upgrade with no penalty. I have yet to see a
roll-over valve on a Mangusta tank.... My 2¢- J DeRyke