[DeTomaso] Engine block heater hose nipple removal

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 13 11:43:29 EST 2010

As Larry pointed out, this won't be easy.  You can follow my adventure
in this on the TPR web site.

I would start with some penetrating oil as Larry suggests.  Then wait a
day or so.  I would try to carefully collapse one side of the tube using
a large punch or chisel.  Try not to punch through the thin wall but
don't worry too much if you do.

In my case it was very much like Larry's.  I ended up tearing off most
of the tube at the block and then having to carefully use a tapered
punch and small screwdriver to get the rest out.  It ended up coming out
in pieces after pushing into the block and extracting with pliers.
There is a small shelf in the block just below the outlet so it won't be
dropping down into the bowels.

It's an ugly job but it -is- one you can do.

Good Luck,
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie