[DeTomaso] Engine block heater hose nipple removal

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 11:04:21 EST 2010

I need to remove the heater hose nipple that sticks out of the engine block
next to the thermostat cover.  This tube is pressed-in so I'm asking for
what inventive ways you guys have come up with to remove it.  The engine is
new and in my 70 MACH1 so access is easy.  The intake manifold is off right
now and the coolant has been drained to lower than the nipple's level.  I'd
like to remove it without getting any debris in the water jacket.  Ideas?

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505