[DeTomaso] German looking for Pantera

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Nov 13 07:37:37 EST 2010

I wouldn't go so far to say that dropping a 502 in any car could drop
$10K-$15K, but will say that the $25K I paid for mine still has this silly
grin showing on my face.  #1488 was non-running with brake fluid spewing at
the proportioning and shuttle valves when I located it.  I had a buddy
verify no rust whatsoever on the car and bought it sight unseen. Shipping a
non-running, non-stopping car was a challenge.  Engine was running two days
after I got delivery of the car but the brakes took a bit longer to sort
out.  Now I've got a driving project that will probably cost me more money
in the end to fix up the way I want it, but for me, doing the work myself at
my own pace and still being able to enjoy the car is priceless.

Some on the site may think guys like me are foolish with money and could
have saved $15K if I bought the car already fixed.  That's just not me.  My
fondest and most rewarding days are ones I spend knocking something else off
my list of to-dos to the car.  I don't know if our German friend plans to do
the work himself, but, we can't discount the value of a straight,
non-cancerous car to those who do.

Just my two one-hundredths of a buck.

Rob