[DeTomaso] German looking for Pantera

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 19:40:22 EST 2010

As the one who inspected the car, I have to give a nod to Julian's comments.
The car may need mechanical freshening, but I don't think you'll find many
out there who would prefer a mechanically sound car with rust everywhere
(cleverly hidden as I'm sure it often has been) to a car with a clean,
straight and solid foundation that needs the running gear freshened up.
Even if the aqua car were running but original, it's likely the engine would
be pretty tired and in need of at least a basic rebuild.  As a solid virgin
block, it could become a killer stroker motor built to look totally stock
and original on the outside, and nobody would know.  One of the few
non-stock items it has is a Pre-L style Mindtrain exhaust.

I also bought my car knowing and looking forward to the fact that I would
get to do a lot of my own work on it.  That way, I know what has been done
to it.  It may not have always been right the first time, but I know exactly
what's there, and having done it at least once, know it will take half the
time it did the first as I don't have to spend time figuring out what's
wrong and then figuring out how to fix it.

Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more serious interest in the car.
It really is a cool color.

Mike Thomas