[DeTomaso] Cam wear. Should I be surprised - maybe not.

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Nov 10 22:15:07 EST 2010

Took a good look at a cam I took out of a Cleve I built about 7 years ago.
A solid flat tappet Comp Cam.  Although the lifters showed no signs of wear,
and the cam lobes initially looked good, upon measurement, the lobes were
significantly worn.  Nearly 0.100 loss to peak of worst lobe.  I've seen
worn cams before, but I'm used to seeing severe rounding of lobe and lifter.

Interesting observation.  Check everything when you rebuild.