[DeTomaso] German looking for Pantera

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 21:20:10 EST 2010

Guten tag, Bernd

I've personally reviewed this car, located in a rather eclectic shop in
Carnation, WA, a little town about 30 miles NE of Seattle, WA, on the US
West coast.  Couldn't get much further from Deutschland.

The car presents quite clean.  There does not appear to have been any body
damage, and what rust is visible appears to be largely on the surface.  It
has been repainted in the original and very rare Aqua green, but, oddly,
with the rear deck painted black.  Said to have sat for many years, the
paint is in very good condition.  The original early interior is in
excellent condition, with the exception of the steering wheel center, and
the trim inside and out is good as well.  The engine bay is fairly clean,
but totally original with the undercoating, hoses and wires, and looking
like it hasn't been cared for for a while.

I was not able to allowed to start the car to see how it ran (it supposedly
sat in a barn not moving for many years before they found it), so I cannot
attest to mechanical condition of either the engine or ZF transmission.  The
ZF lever seemed to move smoothly enough in the gate.  This inspection was in
June of this year, and recent news of those who have stopped to see the car
is that they still have not tried to start it.  This could be confirmed by
contacting the seller directly.

If there are no mechanical issues, this would be a very nice car to show or
drive once attention was paid to all the usual things that dry out over
time, and a freshening of the fluids, brakes and cooling system.

The shop is called Vintage Motors, on line at www.giocars.com, and can be
reached by telephone at 425-333-5600.  The owner's name is Jim Giordano.
I've spoken to him a couple of times, and he seems like a pretty good
person.

I believe other have replied, including Chuck Melton, who has a link to a
number of photos which you may not have seen.

Please contact me directly if you wish.

Auf Viedersehen
Mike Thomas
74 L #6328
Vice Pres., Panteras Northwest
Vice Pres., Pantera Owner's Club of America