[DeTomaso] taillight question

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 11:54:45 EST 2010

 4mm

thread pitch is .7

Length 30mm, more or less. Use your old ones as a guide.

The stock screws are a fillister head, phillips drive. They were not stainless, but a plated zinc. Some appeared to have a golden cadmium plating, too. Not readily found here in the states.

For my Group 4 lights, I use the allen drive cap head screws. They will fit in the lens screw head recesses.

A good supply house will have them. I can provide them in SS, bright zinc or black oxide.
I also have used screw gaskets (original were white nylon), and new small rubber 0-rings that serve the purpose quite well.

I also have some NOS screws, but even NOS they have some finish deterioration.

See photos at my POCA page:

Larry