[DeTomaso] Tire clearance Problem

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 18:40:15 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/8/10 3:34:36 PM, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> I will have to measure the offset.  There is a spacer bolted onto the
> back.
> the spacer is about 3/8 of an ich thick.  The rim will hit the brake
> caliper
> if I remove the spacer.  I may be able to cut the spacer down a bit or buy
> on that is slightly thinner, but I do not think it will be enough.  So,
> what
> do you do when you hit the caliper????

Ack.   Sounds like a problem with BS wheels, which were the right size but
the wrong shape, so they hit the brakes, and then somebody kluged a spacer
to try to fix the problem, only to create another problem.

Ack!

You should get together with Orville and install one of his factory wheels
on your car, and see how they fit.   That will tell you if you really have a
wheel problem (well, we know that you do, but is it an insurmountable
problem?) or a flare problem--or both?