[DeTomaso] ZERO PC - Maxim #1: People vote their pocket book! NPC

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:42:03 EST 2010

I don't want to make this more complicated then it already is but.
 Where do you come up with the statistic that says 40% of Americans pay no
income tax? That's the kind of statement that demands documentation.
I am a strong believer in the capitalist system and I am heavily invested in
the stock market. I don't have a problem with a corporate officer receiving
substantial compensation when they have done a good job and made the company
and share holders a fair return on their investment. What drives me crazy is
when CEO's get obscene golden parachutes for running a company into the
ground. AIG comes to mind. Back in the 70's a friend of mine worked for
eastern airlines. The company went into bankruptcy and Frank Boreman (the
astronaut) was the CEO. He raided the companies pension fund and depleted it
leaving the pilots and all the other employees with no pensions, yet Mr.
Borman walked away with several million dollars in a golden parachute. The
list of these examples is endless. If the company makes money the share
holders should make money and the corporate bigwigs should make money. If
the company loses money or worse goes broke the Board members shouldn't be
rewarded. In fact they should be required to keep a substantial amount of
their net worth in stock so if the company fails they will suffer along with
the rest of the share holders. Like wise their compensation should be tied
to increases in the stocks value in the form of stock options not by taking
huge cash payments or raiding corporate coffers or pension funds.

Boyd