[DeTomaso] Vendor instructions - was Dropped floor pans

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 19:47:26 EDT 2010

Dear Forum,

              FWIW, Larry sells the Group IV taillights.   A few years ago,
I bought a set from him and received comprehensive instructions for
installation.    The next year I bought John Haas' electronic headlight
controller dealo.  His detailed instructions just barely exceeded Larry's.
Neither John nor Larry are slackers when it comes to customer education and
instructions.

                          Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

While we banter on the proper method to install your vendor-supplied item,
we fail to address the issue
that is REALLY at center stage.

That is WHY, OH WHY are our vendors so dense - lazy - clueless -
asleep-at-the-wheel in providing
INSTRUCTIONS for what they sell??!!!!

Just off the top of my head, I know the following vendor shortcomings
related to providing simple instructions:

Floor pans - no instructions.
GT5 front turn signals into a non-GT5 - no instructions
Offset front A-arm bushings - no instructions
new shocks - no instructions
spoilers - no instructions
upgraded AC evaporator - no instructions

I'm sure you can add to this list, too.

Seems the only vendors that bother to provide instructions are our home-brew
guys like Ted Mitchell,
Jon Haas, Rick Mosely and Rich Boschert. The rest just take our money and
leave it up to us to figure
things out.

Not good business in my book.

Larry