[DeTomaso] Ride height

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 18:34:11 EDT 2010

In a message dated 11/5/10 2:46:02 PM, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> Longer springs?  Turn on until I am blue?

How much threaded collar remains above the adjustable spring perch?   If
you have room to continue, keep turning.

A challenge is that the threaded collar isn't fixed to the shock body, so
once the spring is in compression, it's common for both the collar and the
perch to turn together.   I had to use a strap wrench to hold the collar while
turning the locking ring (to lower it, not raise it).

Don't forget to use some sort of lubricant to prevent the perch from
galling the threaded shock collar.