[DeTomaso] NPC - NO POLITICS

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:46:36 EDT 2010

Maybe, maybe not. I will say that unions had a place and time in history and
that were it not for them, we would not have become a world leader in
workplace safety.

But there are enough black eyes in the history of unions, which include
theft, fraud, vote manipulation,  murder,  etc.  To sour those unfamiliar
with their benefits to be against them for no other reason.
There are many examples of uneducated workers making 65-100 an hour for
unskilled labor jobs, the unions have done a poor job of teaching financial
responsibility to their members, keeping them dependent upon the unions, 6
cars, a motorhome, 2 bass boats, an ATV,  3 Motorcycles, 6 kids and No
savings.  That's why 40% of the cost of a UAW made vehicle goes to support
retired workers.  It just plain sad that made donotreply realize that they
work for the company store.  Michael Shortt
On Nov 4, 2010 11:49 AM, "Paul - Home" <thedrol at pobox.com> wrote:
> For anyone who feels the need to again bring politics to the PANTERA
> forum, please don't. Let's not go done that path yet again. If Larry's
> opinions in his email bother you, send him a direct email. There is no
> need to put this stuff on the list.
>
> I hesitate in even sending this as it may just lead to more responses,
> but I'm HOPING that people will keep away from politics.
>
> PLEASE!!!
> Paul
>
> On 11/4/2010 10:33 AM, Larry Finch wrote:
>>

>> Maxim #1: People vote their pocket book!
>> ----------
>>
>> Not really true.
>>
>> People vote what they 'feel' is their pocket book.
>>
>> This feeling is easily manipulated by demonizing the one Special Interest
that ultimately
>> DOES (and historically always has) improve the bottom line for the
workers ---- Unions.

>> While at the same time martyrizing the diametrically opposed Special
Interest that
>> has arguably zero interest in improving the workers position if it
interferes in any manner
>> with the unbending goal of profit-at-any-cost ---- Corporations.
>>
>> The use of buzzwords such as higher taxes, government restrictions,
government regulations, Union Bosses
>> and other phrases solely designed to appeal to emotions have (sadly) been
shown to be very effective in
>> moving the Common Man (which is certainly most of us) to think (and vote)
as if he is somehow
>> protecting and improving his own position when in fact he is only
benefiting the corporations.

>> The in-your-face examples of how true this is are sadly hidden (by
design) from most voters by the cloud of
>> buzzword phrases heaped onto us with now nearly unlimited
Corporation-funded advertising campaigns.

>> NAFTA - Free (not Fair) Trade - outsourcing - downsizing - Pension
Raiders - part-time employment with
>> thus no benefits - privatizing - Military Industrial Complex - tax
loopholes - offshore registering of Corporations -
>> S&L scandal - Wall Street Greed...........
>>
>> The evidence is obvious this all is designed to benefit Corporations, and
none of it ever "Trickles Down" to the Common Man.

>> But the Common Man is easily swayed with slickly-packaged,
demographically-tuned appeals to his emotions.

>> And if this continues there will be no Common Man left to remember what
the American Middle Class used to be.