[DeTomaso] Pantera Help?

dalliance69 at aol.com dalliance69 at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 02:02:45 EDT 2010

     Hello All, This is my first time posting on this forum.  My name is Terry Eriksen. I live in Escondido and am the owner of a 74 GTS. The car had numerous problems and when the engine went I decided it was time to make some changes to the car. I had the floor pans dropped, new water tubes made, front mount condenser, Corvette seats, new interior etc. I am finally at the stage where I can put everything back together. I even had some time off to get it running and take it on a trip to NorCal to break in the new engine. I am supposed to leave next Wed night. Unfortunately, the best laid plans don't always pan out. Having some time off I decided to go mountain biking up at Daley Ranch. I thought that it would be fun to take some of the steeper single track trails back towards the parking area. I'm sure you've guessed it by now, I high sided and went over the handle bars. I severely bruised my left thigh, tweaked my back, and have a bunch of bumps, bruises, and scrapes. I am incredibly stiff and sore and unfortunately unable to get under the Pantera and get it put back together. I had Coast High Performance build me a full roller 408 Cleveland with Edelbrock heads that were worked over by West Coast Cylinder Heads, who also opened up the RPM Air Gap Intake. I have a FAST EZ EFI kit that I had just started to plumb the fuel lines for. The entire interior is out of the car and has been recovered. I had previously been a member of San Diego Panteras and went on a wine run shortly after I moved down here, but I believe I let my dues lapse with the San Diego chapter.  I had planned to rejoin the club once the Pantera was up and running again. I believe I just received my POCA renewal reminder, but I am fairly certain I am not current with San Diego Panteras. Even though I believe I am not a current member, I know how fantastic Pantera people are. I was hoping I might be able find some people willing to help get the Pantera back together over the next week or so. There is no real deadline for the car, I was just hoping to have it back together for my trip and hopefully be healed enough to drive it too. :) My address is 671 El Norte Hills Pl, Escondido, Ca 92027 and my phone number is (209)607-1471. I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks so much-
                      Terry Eriksen