[DeTomaso] now 3327 was Technical difficulties??

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:08:21 EDT 2010

And the saving grace is that Gullwing Motors have chosen not to do that, they at least
presemt a 'turd' as exactly that, despite the asking price.

FWIW I purchased my '74 from them sight unseen and I was positively surprised when it
arrived. For that transaction I found them to be a no BS, honest used car dealership, if
that's not an oxymoron. That said a purchasers expectations would have to be in the gutter
to get a posiitve surprise in the outcome of this sale.

Julian

Regarding the dealer:

I have recently chatted with two people that bought cars from them, and in both cases
Gullwing Motors received praise for their service/honesty etc.  One person had them ship
to Europe and Gullwing handled everything, and did it well.  The other car was also
shipped to Europe but the buyer handled the shipping effort, but did say they were treated
well and recommended the dealer.

Regarding the car:

I just wonder what happened to the hood between the photos, (taken the same day probably).
Could someone have tried to open the hood from the wrong end... or did the hood release
cable break, or what...

Note that on early cars, the front grill has studs to (nuts on the inside), while later
cars have the grill mounted with screws from the outside.
So if the hood latch cable breaks, it can be hard to gain access to the trunk without
damage, as you can't (with great difficulty) go in thru the grill.  This is why there was
a recall-like fix to add a back-up cable to the hood latch.  It is a super easy addition
and I think I put it on the list of the "10 (or 20?) Cheap Fixes" at ProvaMo.

Chuck