[DeTomaso] Old Profiles or Newsletter article on recoveringCorvette seats

David Bell davidabell at att.net
Mon Nov 1 19:31:47 EDT 2010

Correct reference except for the name.  I do have a brother named Rick Bell, but
he doesn't have a Pantera.

Also the article is really about finding, converting, and installing Corvette
C-4 seats in a Pantera, not recovering the seats.  I've since replaced the
heavily modified Corvette seat tracks mentioned in the story with stock Pantera
tracks.  That required drilling a few new holes in the floor pans but it gives
me at least an inch of extra headroom for a track days helmet.  I still have the
chopped and channeled Corvette tracks that would work great for someone with a
shorter torso - available cheap.

Dan Mixon wrote a companion Corvette seat article which is also stashed on the
Space City Panteras page that illustrates an alternate mounting method that
utilizes the stock seat tracks and mounting holes.

Dave Bell