[DeTomaso] New Deck Lid Strut Installation - IPS Kit

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Mon May 31 20:54:08 EDT 2010

Since I wasn't going to be able to drive the Pantera to Reno this year, I
thought I'd treat to a few upgrades I haven't had time to get to.

I installed the Innovative Peripheral Solutions (IPS) alternative deck lid
strut kit today.  Was really pretty easy, about 2-3 hours, and it completely
changes the way the rear deck lid opens and closes.  There is a much more
even lifting force, and you gain what has to be 10-15 degrees of up angle on
the lid, meaning access is that much easier.  I would highly recommend this
to anyone who needs to change out their struts.

I've posted a few pics on www.poca.com at the following link
http://tinyurl.com/277oxd3.

I'll be doing a full article with pics for Jack to put in the newsletter.
Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest
YELLOW '74 L #6328

SEE YOU IN RENO ON FRIDAY!