[DeTomaso] Adjustable Rear upper a-arms

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Mon May 31 12:32:14 EDT 2010

This thread got me thinking about adding the adjustable rod end joint to my upper rear a-arms while their off. I see two options:
1. Modify the stock ones by cutting out the old ball joint and adding a 3/4" rod end. Not the cleanest way to go. OR
2. Have my fabricator make new rear a-arms from chrome moly with the adjustable rod ends.

My fabricator is leaning to doing all new arms first because he doesn't like modifying the original part (their original after all). What's an original a-arm worth these days? Anyone been there done that?

Tom