[DeTomaso] Oil Temperature Sender ...

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 12:47:55 EDT 2010

Thomas,

Good idea, I thought that basically electronic temp gauges all read voltage? Is this the case for the Veglia gauge or is it an older bimetallic strip style? Assuming it's voltage isn't it finding a sender that has a full scale voltage at the full scale of the gauge i.e. if full scale is 300 degrees then you need a 0-300 degree sender unit or am I simplifying this too much?

Summit Racing sells a selection of VDO senders 0-250, 0-300 and 0-400 with adapters to fit varying bung sizes.

VDO also make senders for older bimetallic strip units too I believe.

Julian