[DeTomaso] question about Adding zerk fittings to my A-arms

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri May 28 10:21:39 EDT 2010

Boyd

If your new bushings lack a chamfer where they butt up to one another, you
may have an issue with the zerk as it may protrude into the bushings'
rotational space.

One set I purchased were nicely chamfered.  They cleared the zerk nicely and
I suspect that it helps injected lubricant flow around the bushings.

Another  set I purchased did not have the chamfer.  I chucked all 16 of them
in my neighbor's lathe and trimmed the edge.  No binding and better lube
saturation.

JT