[DeTomaso] AN fastener sizing system

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu May 27 14:10:13 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/27/10 10:31:10 AM, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> I understand that an AN4 bolt is a 4/16" or 1/4" bolt but how is is
> overall
> length, shank length and thead pitch specified?

Doug, I believe that info comes from the Mil-Spec part #, not the simple AN
code which only give the diameter, and those p/ns are only valid if you buy
from a military-spec source. Most sources do not, BTW. In various of
Carroll Smith's racing books, there were several chapters devoted to bolts and the
sorting out via p/ns since Mr Smith DID buy from aircraft suppliers.   Good
luck- J DeRyke