[DeTomaso] AN fastener sizing system

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Thu May 27 13:31:03 EDT 2010

I know about the AN fitting sizes being in 16ths but what I want is the
additional information about bolt length and thread pitch.
I understand that an AN4 bolt is a 4/16" or 1/4" bolt but how is is overall
length, shank length and thead pitch specified?  In other words, where is
that a decoder for the AN dash numbering system?

Doug