[DeTomaso] Galled stainless fasteners and suspension

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu May 27 09:54:17 EDT 2010

Dear Boyd,

I know that stainless steel fasteners seem to be the hot ticket for rust resistance, bling, strength, etc. I think that after reviewing the "Galled stainless fasteners" thread, you may note that there are some disadvantages to stainless steel fasteners and they are not suitable in all applications. From my limited experience and reading, I think you would be better off to opt for conventional fasteners for the suspension. I think the proper grade is 5, but I would defer those more expert than I.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles