[DeTomaso] Galled stainless fasteners

Haas, John john at haasline.com
Wed May 26 21:30:42 EDT 2010

If you do drill, try to use a split point drill and coolant to avoid cold
working the bolt while drilling. My local ACE (on the Gulf coast) stocks
ASTM F593 stainless fasteners which have good material properties given the
cold rolling requirements. Still, always use never seize. If you come across
A286 aerospace surplus stuff it's fantastic, just like the value of a good
ol' grade 5 fastener...
Nice to be back on the list after a 10 year hiatus!, John Haas