[DeTomaso] Galled stainless fasteners

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed May 26 02:18:12 EDT 2010

Perhaps you can try the trick Tomas Gunnarsson and I used for getting
the stuck drain plugs out of my block?

We placed a suitably sized hex nut over the plug and welded it to the
plug with a MIG-welder through the threaded hole. That serves two
purposes, get something to wrench on, and heat the plug/bolt so that it
will be easier to get it loose.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18