[DeTomaso] A good sign...

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed May 26 00:30:50 EDT 2010

Saturday I was invited to the Griot's Garage open house at their brand new facility in Tacoma--including some of Richard's personal cars.  It is absolutely stunning, and a must-see if you're in the area.  It was sunny and bright, so I took the logical means of transportation to such an event.  Griot's happens to be a client of mine, so as I drove in to look for a non-existent parking spot (a lot of people were there) one of the guys recognized me and waved me up to their front door.

He said he was glad I brought the Pantera, and asked if I'd like to bring it inside and display it next to a brand-new Aston Martin (his exact words were, "The special ones get to come up front.")  I said that of course I would, so they opened up one of the big doors leading into one of their huge garage areas, and in I drove.

It was fun to see more people admiring the Pantera than the Aston (although being half British I do have an affinity for those things from across the pond), and I had a chance to talk about Panteras to a lot of great people.  While there, the weather changed and it started pouring.  One of the Griot's guys tapped me on the shoulder and chuckled, "Way to get you car out of the rain!"  I was thankful I was in a warm, covered garage, as I watched the rain fall on a Dino, convertible Porsche speedster, several Mercedes and various and sundry other really nice cars.  While there, I took the liberty of demonstrating some of Griot's cleaning products to a group of interested onlookers.  Did I mention I demonstrated on my car, and eliminated a few small paint scratches while I was at it?

A couple of hours later, when I had to leave, the rain had stopped and it was sunny again.

Things might finally be looking up for Pandora!  Oh yes, and thanks to my newly fabricated and installed belly pans, when I drove out of Griot's ultra-clean garage, the floor was as clean as when I drove in.  Not an oil spot in sight.

See you in Reno!

Sincerely,

Chris
PNW Pres.