[DeTomaso] ZF Gear Lube Question

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Mon May 24 19:49:29 EDT 2010

This is true-- oil that is designed for LSD diffs is "too slippery" and will cause the synchros to not grab adequately.

Redline 75W90 NS gear oil I believe is the name of what you should use.  If you get too much LSD clutch "chatter" (sounds like a moaning noise) you can add SMALL amounts of LSD additive until it goes away.

Personally I would rather have my LSD clutches wear than my synchros.

Jim Oddie