[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 70, Issue 24-Best sounding Pantera

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon May 24 18:47:53 EDT 2010

I  really love the sound of my solid lifter 180 exhaust motor
After a drive I often stop and listen to just the idle standing
behind it before I put her away

But..... I have to say the best sounding Pantera is by far
Escahoff's 14 1/2 to 1 compression Sprint car motor Pantera
I have heard this car many times passing me at 140mph
plus and it still rings in my ears... so sweet.. Quella's
car does come close but I don't think he revs his like Gregg

It compares to the Can Am cars of of vintage racing
When standing on grid with 28 of them getting ready to
enter the track I can actually pick out the big block
cars and really feel them as they shake the ground
passing by... and that is just leaving the grid

I am sad to say I am missing out helping my buddy
with his Can Am car in Sonoma this year as he is
running on Saturday and I did decide to go to the
Fun Rally even if we are not racing

I guess I will have to listen to my Pantera instead :):):):)

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera- the only color