[DeTomaso] Hydraulic lifter pressure hole location

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon May 24 17:41:29 EDT 2010

Dan,

I'm running the Crane 36532 hydraulic roller link-bar lifters so I agree
that in theory I shouldn't have a problem.  But being the type that likes to
double check everything in an engine build I took some measurements.  These
measurements show that the top of the lifter pressure holes rise to between
0.015" and 0.040" of just entering the chamfered area of the lifter bore.
The 0.015" measurement is the worst one I found.  The question is, is this
normal and/or OK to run with?

Doug