[DeTomaso] Hydraulic lifter pressure hole location

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon May 24 15:26:48 EDT 2010

Guys,

What's the recommendation on how close the pressure hole on a hydraulic
roller lifter can get to the top of the lifter bore and still be safe?  As
you go with a cam with taller lift, the hole gets closer and closer to
coming out of the bore.  I talking about how close the hole can safely get
to the edge of the chamfer at the top of the lifter bore where pressurized
oil will just begin to leak.  I want to check this on my new stroker motor
to be safe.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505