[DeTomaso] Green versus (Was Re: Mecum Indy Spring Classic/74 Pantera)

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat May 22 02:27:54 EDT 2010

I really like dark green.

Such as, maybe, a dark, metallic green.

Say, like a dark, metallic, Cadillac green.

For instance, the dark, metallic, Cadillac green that's on my car...

Chris

In a message dated 5/21/10 21 19 47, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Mine is white.  Yellow looks okay, but I don't want mine to be Yellow.
> Green is okay... but umm.... I don't like it on a car.
>
> The white is okay, I like it, maybe because I'm used to it.  But when it
> comes time to refinish and refit my Pantera, I'm leaning toward a deep
> gun-metal grey.
>
> Sort like.... um... well... Larry's.
>
> ;)

I think one of the most beautiful Panteras I've ever seen is Markus
Woehler's original silver '72 Pre-L.   That color (the De Tomaso silver) has a lot
of green in it (ironically enough), and is really striking.   Whenever he
pulls up to a group of Pantera owners, all conversation stops and everybody
just admires his car, which is otherwise completely unremarkable.