[DeTomaso] Green versus (Was Re: Mecum Indy Spring Classic/74Pantera)

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 00:35:19 EDT 2010

Of course, there are multiple shades of red and yellow.  They look great,
but they're also common - for a Pantera.  I like gun metal gray too.  White
doesn't do it for me.  I like black.

But... one of my favorites is grabber green.  At least I think that's the
right color.  The first Pantera I saw in the flesh was at Mike Trusty's shop
in Little Rock - Pantava.  It must have been the early 80's.  The funky
green Pantera was stunning.

I considered painting my car grabber green or maybe one of the Lambo pea
greens.  I sat on the fence for about a year, and finally decided to go with
red.

If I buy a second narrow body - it will be green.

I agree with Mike D., though.  Painting the car green cuts the value quite a
bit.  It doesn't make it uglier, but it cuts down the number of prospective
buyers - and hence the value.