[DeTomaso] machine ball joint to modify alingment

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 16:58:34 EDT 2010

I see you have the modified upper a-arms to improve your caster. To take advantge of that the ball joint (and wheel) should be moved rearwards by ideally locating all the shims in front of the ball joint. Once done, get the shop to fine tune using a caster gauge to get the two sides equal by varying shims.

What I don't understand at present is the way you currently have the shims would be about right for stock caster, but a stock car would not have the wheel that far forward in the fender. Do you know who undertook the modification to the a-arms?

Julian