[DeTomaso] Vent to tank gas leak

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 15:21:38 EDT 2010

Thanks Jack,

I got it by using pipe thread tape on the screws, building it to a cone shape-- thicker under my washers. It has been sealing for a couple hours now and I have gas to within a couple inches of the top of filler neck.

I had planned on a roll over valve, but didn't think I wanted to wait long enough to research the true operation of the style I think you are referring to. Jeep has a similar style. Will yours close off when car is upright and gas is up into filler neck to a height above valve level? Which means the ball would have to be able to float on gas. I like the one now on E-bay that is brass with 1/4 inch pipe thread but it appears to have a steel ball and would not float.

Bud #3400