[DeTomaso] Vent to tank gas leak

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 12:18:07 EDT 2010

Hoping for some help from someone in the group.

I have had a gas leak at the factory gas tank vent and thought it was due to poor tension at rivets or bad gasket. SO I removed rivets, taped holes for 10/32 machine screws and inspected what looks to be a good gasket. Reinstalled and now I still can't seem to find a way to get it to not leak--------appears to be leaking around threads. Is there a better than stock gasket that would solve my problem? Thanks for any thoughts you may share.

Bud  #3400