[DeTomaso] What's a good price for a cleveland motor?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 18 22:45:10 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/18/10 14 02 25, clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com writes:

> if you can't or don't have a set of Australian 2V heads, what's the next
> best thing in a factory casting? Closed chambered 4v's? I know this is
> kind
> beat to death but I am trying to conclude my understanding...basically
> asking what the best iron head options are in order from best to worst.
>
> first best = Australian 2V
> second = US closed chambered 4V
> third = US open chambered 4V
> worst = US 2V
>
> ????????
>

>>>"Best" depends on what you have underneath them.   Apparently Aussie
heads are great torque-producers, but are flow-limited and are probably not the
best choice for an engine over 351 inches.   If you're going to build a
stroker, closed-chamber 4V heads are probably the way to go, to take advantage
of the increased displacement.

Or so I've been told--Dan Jones is the guy who could quantify this for us.
:>)