[DeTomaso] What's a good price for a cleveland motor?

cullen mccann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Tue May 18 17:01:54 EDT 2010

".....US market 2V heads are pretty close to worthless.

Only the closed chamber 2V Australian heads have any value......."

got it...I think......I have been trying to follow all of the head casting
discussion...its very interesting...but it does seem that opinions are still
somewhat across the board. Seems like there are factory 2v and 4v heads,
open and closed chamber, then the 2V Australian heads, then the gamut of
aftermarket heads both iron and aluminum....and a slew of opinions about
what has performance potential and what doesn't, and what's the best bang
for the buck....for any given application...either race or street...

it *seems* that one can conclude that the best factory casting heads (for a
450 hp +/- street application) are the closed chamber 2V Australian heads,
and with aftermarket heads that CHI 3v's are very popular....haven't really
heard anyone say they DON'T like them....

if you can't or don't have a set of Australian 2V heads, what's the next
best thing in a factory casting? Closed chambered 4v's? I know this is kind
beat to death but I am trying to conclude my understanding...basically
asking what the best iron head options are in order from best to worst.

first best = Australian 2V
second = US closed chambered 4V
third = US open chambered 4V
worst = US 2V

????????

Reason why I ask is I might run a factory style iron head until I get my
other issues sorted out like keeping the body intact....LOL....then buy the
dream set of aluminum heads later...