[DeTomaso] Pantera ads today

cullen mccann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:50:48 EDT 2010

couple of ads this week regarding potential Pantera items for sale, maybe
somebody can benefit.

Cullen

1.  for you modular motor guys -  IIRC the Lincoln-based DOHC motor is not
identical to the cobra mustang version.I know the intake is different and I
think the cams are as well, but I "believe" the block and heads are the same
platform.someone more knowledgeable than myself can confirm, but in either
case, for a DOHC motor, this seems like a good price, in orange county..

link to <http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1731158455.html>  craigslist
ad

Ford / Lincoln 4.6 DOHC engine

Date: 2010-05-08, 1:08PM PDT
Reply to: see below

Complete 4.6 modular engine Was run at Ford on a Dyno and then disassembled
and inspected. Was going to put in Pantera have changed my mind.
Engine is in a crate and on rollers can be loaded into a pick up No
shipping.     $1500.00

2. This guy appears to still be selling stuff in LA.looks like he came down
on his price some for L bumpers front and rear with mounts, qrtr glass and
some hardware.

link to <http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/1736010775.html>
craigslist

3. This car was on ebay but the reserve wasn't met at 32grand..might still
be for sale? listing is out of chicago but the car says its in colorado.not
sure if that's legit.sounds scary.

link to craigslist <http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1734043310.html>
ad

4. good looking 74 for sale in MI

link to ad <http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1725714200.html>

5. I cant recall if this one was sent out..gotta be a car that you all know
well.seems to prominent, but I don't know that circle well enough to be
familiar.

link to craigslist <http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/1739851091.html>
in NY

1973 DeTomaso Pantera - $46000 (Westchester, NY)1973 DeTomaso Pantera, built
for open road racing. Competed in the Silver State Classic multiple times,
seeing upwards of 170mph. Everything is updated or upgraded for that
purpose, over $75,000 in upgrades. Contact me for a full list of
modifications if interested. Currently the car needs to be wired, as the old
wiring harness was removed for updating. The sale price reflects the current
condition - if the car doesn't sell I'll be doing it within the next couple
of months and then drive it for the season. Other than that, the car is
mechanically perfect. Body is 100% rust free, hasn't seen water for at least
20 years - it's been a dedicated race car, always trailered and garaged. In
the 1980's, the car was stolen and then recovered so there's a salvage
indication on the title - there is NO damage from that occurrence and the
car has been completely rebuilt since then anyway. To get street-legal
status you must contact the DMV. Currently it's used as a race car so I
haven't gone through the process, but all of the lights work and it has
bumpers so it wouldn't take much to be able to drive it on the street. Feel
free to contact me with any questions. Asking $46,000, small possibility
that I'd take a trade but try me anyway if you're interested and have
something in the same price range