[DeTomaso] Rotors/Turn signal switch

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 17 02:29:16 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/16/10 3:48:34 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I am in the process of replacing my stock brakes with brembos from a 911.
> It is my understanding that it is neccesary to move up to 17" wheels
> (minimum), I believe you also need an adapter to mount the brembo caliper.

Which 911? '69-74 911s ran with thin 0.84" ventillated rotors identical in
diameter and thickness to stock Pantera rotors. '80-up 911s ran with 16"
wheels and slightly bigger rotors that were 1.25" thick. 6-piston Brembos will
require bigger diameter wheels and a caliper adapter to fit the Pantera.
Some 'big calipers' clear 16" dia. wheels while others need 17". Someone on
this list was working on getting a 'kit' together to run the big red 6-pistons.
Personally, I run the thin Porsche Brembo rotors and Wilwood Superlite 2
calipers in front with Porterfield R-4 S pads. In the rear I run early 911 ATE
2-piston alloy calipers also with Porterfield pads. That combo works fine
for street and light track work with 245-50 front tires/275-55 rear tires on
8" Campys. Good luck- J DeRyke