[DeTomaso] TPOC Tech Session a big Success

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 16 21:31:52 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/16/10 18 23 27, rkunishige at hotmail.com writes:

> It was Roger Sharp and Chuck Melton who inspired me to host tech
> sessions.  Both held them in Nor Cal while I was in that chapter.  Their work
> prompted me to do the same when I moved down south and joined TPOC.

...and Roger Sharp hosted a tech session yesterday as well.   Two new
owners appeared with their Panteras for the first time; one got a new radiator
and fan setup, clutch adjustment and exhaust work, while the other had his
door taken apart and the locking/latching mechanism fixed.   Meanwhile, another
member got an Aviaid oil pan installed, and a ZF side mount kit, along with
a few other odds and ends, helped by another new Pantera owner whose car is
coming out of the paint shop in a few weeks.

Steve Liebenow and Tom Galli wrestled with his Mangusta jackshaft bearing
setup.   There were a whole bunch of Panteras (and other cars including
Corvettes and a Lamborghini, and a few Harleys) parked on the lawn, perhaps 40-50
people drifting in and out throughout the day, kids playing in the pool,
enough food to feed an army, racing on TV, country music on the stereo.   Then
the 15 year old girl who lives down the road walked in wearing an S&W .22
automatic on her hip, and soon she was shooting at a big coffee can hanging
from a tree on the hillside out back.   Before long the gun safe was opened,
and it was ladies day at the backyard range--several of the ladies
(including one lady Pantera owner) were blasting away with everything from pellet
guns to assault rifles to high-powered hunting rifles, and that can was
thoroughly ventilated.

We started at 9:30 in the morning, and I was one of the last to leave at
11:00 p.m. that night.

What a wonderful way to spend a springtime Saturday!!! :>)